Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring! And So, It Begins...

FINALLY! After 20 straight days of nothing above freezing in February, I was ready to throw in the towel and move to Aruba... But, I can live with mid 40's and sunny for now! :)


What better way to celebrate the first day of spring than to start some seeds! That is, that's what I'm planning to do if I can get Brian to bring my greenhouse shelf up from the basement LOL Here's a run down of everything I'm starting tonight (Tomatoes next weekend!):

HERBS

Basil, Genovese
Bee Balm, Lemon
Borage
Chamomile, German
Echinacea, Purple/White
Feverfew
Lavendar
Lemon Balm
Parsley, Italian Flat
Spearmint
Summer Savory
Sweet Marjoram
Valerian

VEGGIES

Broccoli,, Waltham 29
Brussels, Long Island Improved
Cabbage, Earliana
Cabbage, Early Golden Acre
Cauliflower, Snowball Self Blanching
Leek, Bulgarian Giant
Pepper. California Wonder
Pepper, Cayenne Long Thin
Pepper, Hungarian Yellow Wax
Pepper, Jalapeno Craig's Grande
Pepper, Italian Pepperoncini
Pepper, Mini Yellow Bell
Pepper, Trinidad Scorpion

Why all the peppers, you may ask? Between Dilly Beans, Spicy Garlic Pickles, Pickled Peppers, Stinky Cauliflower, Salsa, Spaghetti Sauce and medicinal concoctions, we go through A LOT LOL

I'm very excited about our garden expansion, and the additional medicinal herbs I'm adding to the arsenal this season. We picked up our disc harrow yesterday, so we should have no problem getting that back 1/8th acre in shape!

Have you started any seeds yet? If so, what? Anything new this year? Any tips for growing any of the herbs I'm trying out? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment